Transition to renewable energy, climate change adaptation and air quality improvement are on the agenda for many companies - and governments - especially following the Paris Agreement at COP21. Greenhouse gas reduction is often tied to energy efficiency and increased productivity. Finding novel ways to mitigate emissions, setting science-based reduction targets, monitoring emissions using new sensor technologies are all proving promising for emissions abatement.
Highlighted names indicate collaborators of Metals & Minerals for the Environment.
- Greene, Suzanne. (2017). Black Carbon Methodology for the Logistics Sector. UN Clean Air and Climate Coalition, International Council for Transportation, US EPA StartWay and Smart Freight Centre . link.
- Greene, Suzanne. & Lewis, A. (2016). Global Logistics Emissions Council Framework for Logistics Emissions Methodologies. Smart Freight Centre. link.
- Allanore, Antoine. (2015) Contribution of Electricity to Materials Processing: Historical and Current Perspectives. JOM, vol. 65, issue 2, 1231. link
- Azzarelli, J. M., Mirica, K. A., Ravnsbæk, J. B., & Swager, Timothy. (2014). Wireless gas detection with a smartphone via RF communication. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences , 111 (51 ), 18162–18166. link.
- Ciceri, D., Manning, D.A.C., Allanore, Antoine. (2015) Historical and technical developments of potassium resources. Science of the Total Environment, 502, 590-601. link
- Harada, T., & Hatton, T. Alan. (2015). Colloidal Nanoclusters of MgO Coated with Alkali Metal Nitrates/Nitrites for Rapid, High Capacity CO2 Capture at Moderate Temperature. Chemistry of Materials, 27(23), 8153–8161. link.
- Mao, X., Rutledge, G. C., & Hatton, T. Alan. (2014). Nanocarbon-based electrochemical systems for sensing, electrocatalysis, and energy storage. Nano Today. link.
- Olivetti, Elesa, Patanavanich, Siamrut., & Kirchain, Randolph. (2013). Exploring the viability of probabilistic under-specification to streamline life cycle assessment. Environmental Science and Technology, 47(10), 5208–5216. link.
- Paparo, A., Silvia, J. S., Kefalidis, C. E., Spaniol, T. P., Maron, L., Okuda, J., & Cummins, Christpher. (2015). A Dimetalloxycarbene Bonding Mode and Reductive Coupling Mechanism for Oxalate Formation from CO2. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 54(31), 9115–9119. link.
- Seokjoon, O., Gallagher, J., Miller, J., & Surendranath, Yogesh. (2016). Graphite-Conjugated Rhenium Catalysts for Carbon Dioxide Reduction. Journal of the American Chemical Society 138 (6), 1820-1823. link.
- Szulczewski, M. L., MacMinn, C. W., Herzog, H. J., & Juanes, Ruben. (2012). Lifetime of carbon capture and storage as a climate-change mitigation technology. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 109(14), 5185–5189. link.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | 77 Massachusetts Avenue | Cambridge MA 02139